Translate

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Queen Quotes

A beautiful woman can be painted as a totem only; not as a woman, but as a Madonna, a queen, a sphinx.
Saul Steinberg

After Mary Queen of Scots, I turned to the farthest subject possible: Cromwell.
Antonia Fraser

Although a madman, Norton wrote letters to Abraham Lincoln and Queen Victoria which they took seriously.
Kerry Thornley

And hail their queen, fair regent of the night.
Erasmus Darwin

And much more am I sorrier for my good knights' loss than for the loss of my fair queen; for queens I might have enough, but such a fellowship of good knights shall never be together in no company.
Thomas Malory

And so The Snow Queen also became a story about the need to seek equilibrium, in our own lives, with the natural world, even within the universe at large.
Joan D. Vinge


As for the historical inspirations I drew on in writing The Snow Queen, I suppose I would call them more cross-cultural inspirations, though they frequently involve past societies as well as present day ones.
Joan D. Vinge

As we saw in the Queen's Speech, anti-social behaviour - a phenomenon that I believe to be a genuine worry that is also being fed by a lot of scare stories - is the political theme of the moment.
Kamal Ahmed

At The Body Shop we had always been measured by how many jobs we had created, and I got a major award from the Queen on that.
Anita Roddick

At the moment the Queen stuff does sell really well, but there's no guarantee it'll go on forever.
Brian May

Be cautious of playing your Queen in front of your King and in subjecting yourself to a discovered check. It is better when check is given to your King to interpose a man that attacks the checking Piece than with one that does not.
Howard Staunton

Boy George is all England needs - another queen who can't dress.
Joan Rivers


Source and more @ quotes machine

No comments:

Post a Comment